SOPHIA K. MARTZ, D.M.D. P.C
TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health during this difficult, scary, and frustrating time. On June 6th Governor Baker announced Phase 2 of the reopening plan to include routine dental care and hygiene appointments starting on Monday June 8th. We will start to phase back in to our office hours and slowly resume hygiene appointments as the guidelines are still strict and prohibitive to our normal hours of operation as well as the number of patients that we can see and number of staff that we can bring back. Please know that we will be prioritizing the needs of the patients and will be contacting all of those patients whose appointments were cancelled during this pandemic. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.
Our commitment to the highest quality dental care and infection control has not changed. Our goal has always been to go ABOVE AND BEYOND the recommendations set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Centers for disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). These protocols are in place so that when you receive care in our office, it is safe for both you and our team members.
WHEN YOU RETURN TO THE OFFICE, YOU WILL NOTICE SOME CHANGES TO OUR PAST PROTOCOLS.
- Screening questions prior to your scheduled appointment; we will be calling our patients 2 days prior to their appointment to review these questions.
- Screening for fever using a no-touch thermometer prior to entering the office.
- Hand sanitizer located at the entrance to the office and reception area.
- Due to state regulations, we will not be using the ultrasonic scalers until further notice. Hygiene appointment will be performed with hand instruments only.
- Reducing the number of chairs in our waiting room to promote social distancing and removal of all magazines and children’s books as they are difficult to clean properly.
- We will not be allowing any persons or patients to enter the office without an appointment. If you have an appointment you must call us from the parking lot so we can open the door and take your temperature. You must have a face covering or mask on to enter as well as wear in the office at all times until we are able to seat you in the operatory.
- Payment for services will be accepted by check or credit card over the phone.
OTHER CHANGES THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
- We have added specialized air filters in our reception area and hygiene rooms.
- We have added the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier with the Dental Evacuation for extra-oral suction.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been added to the reception area.
- Additional Items of PPE including N-95 masks, face shields, and surgical gowns will be worn by our dental professionals.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ANSWER “YES” TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Presence of fever and/or cough within the last 14-21 days?
- Do you currently have shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have GI upset, fatigue, headache or other flu-like symptoms?
- Have you had a recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients in the past 14-21 days?
WE WILL ALSO ASK :
– If there are any changes to your contact information, address, dental benefits or other financial information, please relay this information via phone before your appointment to reduce the amount of time at the reception area and any congregation.
- Please bring your own face covering/mask and keep it on while you are in the office.
- Unless you are a minor or require special assistance, please do not bring any family members with you to your appointment. Parents accompanying a child will need to wear a face covering. Due to the shortages in PPE, we do not have enough to share with everyone.
DIFFICULTIES REGARDING HYGIENE SCHEDULING:
- Please be patient with us as we adjust to the “new normal.” This shutdown has caused major disruptions in our schedule requiring us to re-appoint over 9 weeks of patients.
- Also we ask that you are understanding to any delays in our daily schedule so that we can adhere to the highest quality of infection control.
- In addition to the “back log” of patients caused by the shutdown, the regulations set forth by the governor has required us to reduce the volume of people treated in a given day for the unforeseeable future.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT OUR OFFICE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE:
- Please call us at 978-526-0077 to inform us of your arrival
- We will let you know when we are ready to bring you into the office.
- Prior to entering the office we will use a no-touch thermometer. If you have a temperature above 100.4F, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Again, PLEASE WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING INTO THE OFFICE.
Thank you for your support and understanding through this very difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our office by phone at 978-526-0077 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophia Karabatsos Martz, D.M.D.